One Last Thing...
When I first got this book, I thought that it was going to be like any other text book that was a required reading for class. This book turned out to be very eye-opening and inspirational. I felt that Austin Kleon's writing was very relatable to situations I have been in myself in the creative world.
I really liked taking Kleon's advice and putting it into practice with some of our assignments. I feel like I could keep putting a lot of his advice into practice in the future. It really helped me to better understand how being and thinking like a designer work. This has really been a great read. I would defiantly recommend this book to others.
For my chosen reading, I decided that I wanted to read "Understanding Comics" by Scott McCloud. This was a very interesting read! It's very informative and gives you every little detail you didn't know that you didn't know about the art of comics.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this, but this book gets into everything about comics: the history of illustrated stories, the relationship between writing and images, how we relate to the appearance of the characters, how to organize the panels of a story, etc. I felt like this book really went to a psychological level on how comics worked.
I used to see comics and graphic novels as a story with art, a kind of "show and tell". After reading this book, I feel like there is more of a science behind comics.
My favorite things about "Understanding Comics" was that it was laid out like a comic book. So it was a comic book about comic books! The author, Scott McCloud, illustrates himself into the panels as the narrator, explaining to you just how comics work and how we see them. McCloud adds humor to how he explains everything in the book, making it fun to go through.
I really liked taking Kleon's advice and putting it into practice with some of our assignments. I feel like I could keep putting a lot of his advice into practice in the future. It really helped me to better understand how being and thinking like a designer work. This has really been a great read. I would defiantly recommend this book to others.
For my chosen reading, I decided that I wanted to read "Understanding Comics" by Scott McCloud. This was a very interesting read! It's very informative and gives you every little detail you didn't know that you didn't know about the art of comics.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I started reading this, but this book gets into everything about comics: the history of illustrated stories, the relationship between writing and images, how we relate to the appearance of the characters, how to organize the panels of a story, etc. I felt like this book really went to a psychological level on how comics worked.
I used to see comics and graphic novels as a story with art, a kind of "show and tell". After reading this book, I feel like there is more of a science behind comics.
My favorite things about "Understanding Comics" was that it was laid out like a comic book. So it was a comic book about comic books! The author, Scott McCloud, illustrates himself into the panels as the narrator, explaining to you just how comics work and how we see them. McCloud adds humor to how he explains everything in the book, making it fun to go through.
Comments
Post a Comment