This week, in chapter 6, we were given some important tips for getting out work out there.

Kleon tells us that the internet can be an incubator for "ideas that aren't fully formed, a birthing center for developing work.  After I read this, I got on the social media and cloud sites that I've put or saved my past works on and looked through them.  Some are finished products that I wanted to share with people, others are just sketches that I upload incase I needed them for anything later.  I noticed on a few of the projects, I went back to revisit them at one point and ended up making them into something other than what I had originally intended for them.

Here is an example of some projects I found that went through some changes:
What started out as a print became a digital drawing which then became a t-shirt design.  I was just doing a project for fun, but after sharing it on Instagram, people expressed their interest in it and asked if they could get it on a shirt.






It took me a while to think about what Kleon meant when he said that having an online presence can be a kick in the pants.  I then went to the site Strikingly, another place I keep my work.  I looked through what I had up there.  Some are pieces that I worked very hard on, others were just meant to be fun drawings.
Just as Kleon says in this chapter, I looked at this site that holds my work and thought, "what else can I fill this with?".  Having this site, as well as accounts on other social media sites, is a kind of motivation to make more work and get it out there.  It's motivation to make something that's a little better than the last thing I made.

My Promotion Blog: https://hwilsonwonderwall.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Steal Like an Artist (Ch.1 )

Productive Procrastination

Introduction